I have been feeling like utter shit recently, and I'm only just now beginning to climb out of it. It started with a cold that appeared a week ago, nothing special, but then it turned into an infection that only decided to release its grip on me once I began my second dose of antibiotics. I've been literally unable to do anything; work, house, kids, fandom, they've all had to be abandoned in favour of me laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling and groaning - and not in the good way. I've got two fest fics to start work on, and a couple of beta responsibilities (sorry about the wait for that, by the way - you know who you are), and now I'm behind by a week that I hadn't planned on, so that sucks. Oh, and I also broke my laptop last week, by erm, putting my fist through the screen? Bloody Windows 8 man, it keeps freezing and buggering everything up, and I should have listened to my dad when he told me to run as far as I could from it, and when I realised he was right I got so angry and I was already ill and nothing was working, so I just sort of... punched the damned thing. Oops. Anyway, now I'm waiting for my brother to fix that for me, so in the meantime I'm stuck using my husband's desktop, which feels heavy and clunky compared to the lightness of my laptop, and it's really difficult trying to balance everything on my knees (just joking, I'm not actually trying to do that, that would be weird). But anyway, I'm feeling a little bit better now, so I thought I'd celebrate by doing that 10 Day Meme thing that's currently all over my friends page, because it means talking about myself, and I like doing that!10 Day Meme
Day 1 - Ten random facts about yourself
Day 2 - Nine things you do everyday
Day 3 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 4 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 5 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 6 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 7 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 8 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 9 - Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 - One person you can trustDay 1: Ten Random Facts About Yourself
- I don't like ice cream. It feels weird on my tongue and gives me a headache really quickly.
- My first kiss was with a girl, when we were both 13. I went on to kiss more girls, she didn't. But we're still good friends.
- I have known my very best friend for 27 years. We met when we were 7, and although we're as different as two people could possibly be, we get each other more than anyone else.
- Although I call him my husband, Ben and I have never actually got around to tying the knot. I did a similar meme to this on Twitter once, and when I said this, one of my friends started crying and said "it's like my whole life has been a lie, because you guys are my RL OTP!" I laughed, a lot.
- I have hardly any feeling in my feet, after a car accident when I was 20 deadened the nerves. This means that I sometimes wobble when I'm walking.
- When I was 14, I was told that my nose and ears were too small for my face by a school nurse. I've been paranoid about them ever since.
- I was a gymnast up until I was 15, when I slipped two discs in my back and almost paralysed myself. By the time I was ready to start training again, I had grown boobs, so I gave up.
- I am literally unable to be sick without forcing myself to do it. Until I became pregnant at 17, I had vomited exactly 5 times in my entire life, including infancy.
- I don't like orange coloured smarties, because they taste like chocolate orange, and I don't like that either. I realise this is probably psychosomatic, due to the colour, but I can't help it.
- I am a terrible driver. I have owned 5 cars in my lifetime, and I have crashed them all. But it's not my fault, it's just things like to jump out in front of me, like curbs and parked cars, and once even a pole (what the fuck was it doing there? We will never know, because I killed it).
Okay, now I have to go back to catching up on the work I had to skip out on this week, byeeee!